Monday, June 24, 2013

Alberto on Le Tour


Alberto Contador after the case of clenbuterol, will you take the Tour de France with a sense of revenge?

No, my feeling, it's just that I find the greatest race in the world. It is a great challenge, a goal to strive for winning the Tour de France. I want to come back and succeed. The Tour is a race where everything is bigger: the tension, the pressure, the media. So, it amplifies all difficult situations. Must be with the good times and the bad times. I think I'm in a good time. People encourage me on the roadside. This makes things easier.


But do you agree that Chris Froome is the man to beat?

Chris Froome is very strong, impressive since the beginning of the year. He managed great results, and it is the rider reference.

And the solution for the fight?

Legs (smiles). This is the only solution. The Tour will be complicated, with Froome, with other runners who will be on the Tour. Sky have a very strong team, a big working system. They are dominating. It will not attack anyone but how to enjoy every moment. The Tour will be different from last year.

Why? Because of the course?

It is a journey that invites more attacks than last year and there will be more aggressive riders. I think the Spanish riders like Joaquim Rodriguez, Valverde and me. We are attacking runners and we will bring the movement to the race. This will be a very balanced tour, maybe a little more for climbers. I think it is well suited to Joaquim Rodriguez, with short against the clock and many summit finishes. It can make a great Tour. The Pyrenees are gentle. After the result of the two against the clock, we can choose the tactics for the Alps.

No comments:

Post a Comment